C3 Featured Artist Program Mission
The Center for Creative Connections (C3) Featured Artist Program champions the work and personal practices of local artists in their creation of immersive installations in the C3 Gallery. The C3 Featured Artist will ignite curiosity, foster critical dialogue on themes presented in the exhibition, and provide a unique opportunity for visitors of all ages and abilities to creatively engage with art.
Applying to Be a C3 Featured Artist
The Center for Creative Connections (C3) at the Dallas Museum of Art is currently accepting applications from North Texas artists who are interested in developing an installation that responds to ideas and concerns of how people interact and respond to the natural world. The artist’s work will be installed within the C3 Gallery for the duration of the upcoming 2021–2022 exhibition.
Installations could respond to such topics as agriculture, gardening, climate change, recycling and waste, transportation, pollution, urbanization, gentrification, landscaping, ecology, conservation, native ecosystems, natural resources, renewable energy, and more.
The selected artist will receive a payment of $6,000. Additional funds to cover project-related expenses will be determined based on needs and scope of project.
Additionally, the artist will work with various DMA Education areas for the designated project period to develop and lead programming that connects with a diverse audience of all ages and abilities. The standard payment rate for programs is $100/hour but may vary depending on program area.
For a full overview and guidelines, use this link: C3 Featured Artist Overview Guidelines_2021.pdf
Eligibility and Application Requirements
Applicants must be a visual artist of any discipline working in the North Texas area (Denton, Dallas, Fort Worth, and surrounding areas).
To be considered for this program, please email C3@DMA.org with all below materials included as a single PDF attachment with the subject line “C3 Featured Artist Application” no later than 11:59 p.m. on Friday, March 5, 2021. Multiple documents will not be opened. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- CV/résumé with contact information
- Personal artist statement
- Statement of interest (maximum 300 words) in creating a proposal for the C3 Gallery that responds to or reflects ideas and concerns about how people interact or respond to nature and human-made environments
- Response to the following question: Do you have experience leading workshops or programs for individuals of varying ages and backgrounds? If yes, please describe your experience(s).
- 5–10 sample images of past work (with title, dimensions, medium, and year of creation). Links to video or audio work may be included in lieu of images.
Inquiries about the program or the application requirements can be emailed to C3@DMA.org with “C3 Featured Artist Question” as the subject line.