$50 ($0 tax deductible)
Meet other DMA Members with a passion for literature by joining Book Talk! Enjoy a year of thought-provoking book-club-style events that celebrate the Museum’s permanent collection and special exhibitions with great reads. Book selections and dates can be found here or on the Museum calendar.
Members of Book Talk also recieve these benefits:
- One Book Talk book, chosen by the DMA
*Active membership required to participate in Book Talk. Please email us at members@DMA.org with any questions.
Mark your calendars with the 2017 Book Talk events:
Sunday, March 5, 2017 – The Muralist, by B. A. Shapiro
This thriller brings both fictional and historical art figures together to help Danielle Abrams discover the truth about her aunt who vanished in 1940.
Saturday, July 8, 2017 – Aura (English and Spanish edition), by Carlos Fuentes
Felipe Montero stumbles into a job completing the memoirs of Señora Consuelo’s deceased husband, but he finds more than he anticipated when he becomes enchanted by her mysterious niece Aura.
Sunday, November 19, 2017 – Clara and Mr. Tiffany, by Susan Vreeland
Follow Clara Driscoll’s artistic and personal struggles as she fights to gain recognition from her boss, Louis Comfort Tiffany, and is forced to choose between love and art.
Past Book Talk reads have included:
- The Music Lesson, by Katherine Weber
- Photographs Not Taken, edited by Will Steacy
- The Brilliant History of Color in Art, by Victoria Finlay
- Cat is Art Spelled Wrong, edited by Caroline Casey, Chris Fischbach, and Sarah Schultz
- 1491: New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus, by Charles C. Mann
- The Art of Publication with Dr. Roslyn Walker, DMA curator
- Visual Shock, by Michael Kammen
- The Blue Manuscript, by Sabiha Al Khamir
- The Painted Girls, by Cathy Marie Buchanan
- Color: A Natural History of the Palette, by Victoria Finlay
- The Song of Achilles, by Madeline Miller