$50 ($50 tax deductible)
Meet other DMA Members with a passion for literature by joining Book Talk!* Enjoy a year of thought-provoking book-club-style events that celebrate the Museum’s permanent collection and special exhibitions with great reads. Book selections and dates can be found here or on the Museum calendar.
Please note, in an effort to be more sustainable, all Book Talk communications will be sent via email.
* Active membership required to participate in Book Talk. Please email us at members@DMA.org with any questions.
2021 Book Talk events will be announced in January!
Past Book Talk reads include
- The Muralist, by B. A. Shapiro
- Aura (English and Spanish edition), by Carlos Fuentes
- Clara and Mr. Tiffany, by Susan Vreeland
- The Music Lesson, by Katherine Weber
- Photographs Not Taken, edited by Will Steacy
- The Brilliant History of Color in Art, by Victoria Finlay
- Cat is Art Spelled Wrong, edited by Caroline Casey, Chris Fischbach, and Sarah Schultz
- 1491: New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus, by Charles C. Mann
- The Art of Publication with Dr. Roslyn A. Walker, DMA curator
- Visual Shock, by Michael Kammen
- The Blue Manuscript, by Sabiha Al Khamir
- The Painted Girls, by Cathy Marie Buchanan
- Color: A Natural History of the Palette, by Victoria Finlay
- The Song of Achilles, by Madeline Miller
- Picasso at the Lapin Agile, by Steve Martin
- Broad Strokes: 15 Women Who Made Art and Made History (in That Order), by Bridget Quinn
- With Violets, by Elizabeth Robards
- The Little Dictionary of Fashion, by Christian Dior
- It Chooses You, by Miranda July
- Slade House, by David Mitchell
- The Ungrateful Refugee, by Dina Nayeri
- The Inferno, by Dante Alighieri
Do you have an idea for a great read for our next Book Talk? Email us!