Virtual K–12 School Tour Topics
Kindergarten–5th Grade Visits:
- Recipes for Art Recommended for K–1st grade. Learn how artists use line, shape, and color as their "recipe" to create endless varieties of art. Tours include multisensory activities, sketching, stories, movement, and more.
- Me and My World Recommended for 1st-2nd grade. Explore people and places in art through stories, clues, and gallery activities.
- Stories in Art Recommended for 2nd-3rd grade. Have fun learning to "read" stories in art from a variety of times and places.
- A Looking Journey Recommended for 4th grade. Take an interactive journey throught the magical world of art by looking carefully, thinking critically, and paying attention to what you feel.
- Arts of the Americas Recommended for 5th grade. Explore the arts of ancient American peoples, American Indian cultures, the Spanish and British colonies, and modern Mexico and the United States.
Museum Collection Visits (Recommended for 4th-12th grade):
- Arts of Mexico and Central and South America Ancient times to the 20th century.
- Ancient American Art Limited to 45 students per hour. Ancient art from Mexico and Central and South America.
- Colonial to Modern American Art 17th- to 20th-century United States.
- Arts of Europe Classical times to 20th-century Europe.
- Arts of the Ancient World Ancient Egypt, Greece, Rome, Asia, and the Americas.
- Arts of Africa, Asia, and the Pacific Ancient to 20th-century Africa, Asia, and the Pacific.
- Contemporary Art 1945 to the present.
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math)
- Collection Highlights Treasures throughout the Museum's collection.