The Mayer Library is the research library at the Dallas Museum of Art. The Library collects and provides access to art resources that support research on the DMA's global collection and special exhibitions. The Library maintains a non-circulating collection of over 100,000 volumes including books, journals, artist files, and auction catalogs. In addition to serving museum staff, the Library is open to the general public.
SEARCH the Library Catalog.
On-site access to the Mayer Library is suspended. Please check back here for updates.
We welcome your art reference and research questions. Contact us at Library@dma.org or 214-922-1277.
Museum staff cannot appraise or authenticate works of art. Please refer to the Appraisal and Conservation page for more information.
Library Guidelines and Services
- Patrons using the library are required to sign in at the reference desk.
- Backpacks, large bags, and oversized coats must be checked at the Museum's Coat Check.
- Do not bring in original artwork.
- Copy services: Scanning to email, cloud storage, or USB drive is free of charge. Fragile or rare items may only be scanned at the Librarian's discretion. Black-and-white printouts are 25¢ per page after the first 20 pages.
- Payment for printouts is by cash only.
- Wi-Fi is available.