The Mayer Library is the art research library of the Dallas Museum of Art. The non-circulating collection supports research on the Museum’s collection and special exhibitions as well as providing general information about art and art history of all periods. The library is available to DMA staff, docents, and the public, including students, collectors, and researchers.
SEARCH the Library Catalog.
Out of respect for the health and well-being of our visitors and staff, the Mayer Library will be closed beginning Friday, March 13, until further notice.
Librarians will continue to answer questions by email, as time and resources permit.
For reference assistance, send an email to library@DMA.org or call 214-922-1277.
Museum staff cannot appraise or authenticate works of art. Please refer to the Appraisal and Conservation page for more information.
Library Guidelines and Services
- Patrons using the library are required to sign in at the reference desk.
- Backpacks, large bags, and oversized coats must be checked at the Museum's Coat Check.
- Do not bring in original artwork.
- Copy services: Scanning to email, cloud storage, or USB drive is free of charge. Fragile or rare items may only be scanned at the Librarian's discretion. Black-and-white printouts are 25¢ per page after the first 20 pages.
- Payment for printouts is by cash only.
- Wi-Fi is available.