Family Workshop is a class for 6–12 year olds and their favorite grown-ups. Explore the galleries, engage in artful conversations, and then create a work of art in the studio.
This October, challenge your senses and your outlook on art while exploring Slip Zone: A New Look at Postwar Abstraction in the Americas and East Asia. Learn about international art movements that helped shape the future of painting, sculpture, and performance art.
- Tickets must be purchased in advance, and total group count must be determined at time of purchase. Please don't bring any extra guests.
- Families will each have their own table and their own set of art supplies in the studio, and tables will be spaced six feet apart.
- We recommend that all visitors continue to wear masks. DMA staff will be masked as well.
- In the studio, children ages 4 and up are required to wear masks.
- Please read more about the DMA's COVID safety measures here.
Adults and younger siblings do not need a ticket but do need to be included in the total group count. When classes are filled, email familyprograms@DMA.org to be placed on the waiting list.