Arturo's Preschool is a free program for preschool, homeschool, and daycare groups serving children ages 3–6. Take an up-close look at a work of art, read a picture book, and try out games and movement activities connected to artworks. Then explore ideas with an art-making activity. Program themes are listed below. Use this form to request an in-person class: Arturo's Preschool In-Person Class Request Form.
Arturo's Preschool In-Person Class Themes:
Join us as we scurry, crawl, and fly high through the galleries to find out what insects are up to in the artworks. In the studio, create your own beautiful butterfly!
Head to Toe
Strike a pose in the DMA galleries! Search for important figures and learn how poses and posture make all the difference in art.
Winter, spring, summer, fall—join us and see them all! Find inspiration in landscape paintings in the galleries, and then create your own seasonal artwork.
Tips for Scheduling Your Program:
- Arturo's Preschool is offered Tuesday–Friday, September–May, at 10:00 a.m. or 11:00 a.m.
- The program lasts between 45 to 60 minutes and includes group time in the Museum galleries and an art-making activity.
- Arturo's Preschool is offered in English or Bilingual Spanish. Please let us know your language preferences when booking your program.
- Minimum of 10 students required; maximum of 25 children per class. One adult chaperone is required for every five students.
- Arturo's Preschool is free of charge for students and chaperones when scheduled at least three weeks in advance.